The Federal Government is developing a new cultural policy for the decade ahead. Anyone involved in or interested in our nation’s arts, entertainment and cultural sector is encouraged to have their say.
A new National Cultural Policy is needed to establish a comprehensive roadmap to guide the skills and resources required to transform and safeguard a diverse, vibrant and sustainable arts, entertainment and cultural sector now and into the future.
Our starting point will be Creative Australia, the national cultural policy launched by Prime Minister Julia Gillard in 2013.
This new policy will be shaped by the diverse voices of the Australian arts, entertainment and cultural sector around the 5 goals of Creative Australia which have been distilled to the following pillars:
- First Nations: recognising and respecting the crucial place of these stories at the centre of our arts and culture.
- A place for every story: reflecting the diversity of our stories and the contribution of all Australians as the creators of culture.
- The centrality of the artist: supporting the artist as worker and celebrating their role as the creators of culture.
- Strong institutions: providing support across the spectrum of institutions which sustain our arts and culture.
- Reaching the audience: ensuring our stories reach the right people at home and abroad.
Consultation; Started July 01, 2022 09:00 AEST – Ends August 22, 2022 23:45 AEST
There are 2 ways to participate in the National Cultural Policy development: