From this work in November 2016 The City of Gold Coast Live Music Taskforce was formed to address key regulatory issues affecting the live music sector on the Gold Coast. As part of the process, the Live Music Office has been working closely with Council and the music sector throughout 2017 to support this work, with the Taskforce Report delivered to the Council Economic Development and Major Projects Committee Meeting in June
Download the Live Music Taskforce report and recommendations (PDF 1mb).
- New planning overlays across nine precincts
- Allowing live music into some light industrial areas
- Supporting the development of local musicians
- Cutting red tape for live music venues
- Extending noise allowances until midnight in some areas
- Increasing allowable music volumes in prescribed areas
Recommendations included in this report have now been considered for inclusion in the final Gold Coast Music Action Plan 2020 due for presentation to council in October 2017.