Live Music & Events
Liaising With Artists
The Curator will be the main contact for booking artists. It is the curator’s responsibility to engage artists and negotiate availability and fees for performing at the event.
Once the event manager has identified the budget and number of acts required for the event the Curator should do a site inspection of the venues to assess what live music will work – it could be a solo acoustic performer, DJ /Producer or a full band.
Explaining the philosophy and aims of the event, is essential to bring artists into the event. The artists and their managers will need to be reassured as to where the artists fits into the overall program.
Remember that you’re looking to book a program that will appeal to a broad section of the community so look for acts that are accessible to everyone.
- Identify suitable acts for each venue
- Confirm the number of acts required at each venue
- Manage artist budget
- Book and negotiate fees with artist
- Work with Event Manager to issue Artist Contracts and Artist Worksheets
- Liaise with Publicist for media opportunities for the Artists
- Liaise with Production Manager regarding artist presentation
- Speak at event opening and if required be the public face of the event