As the Live Music Office prepares to grow our Live and Local Micro Festival Program, we are pleased to advise that Lucy Joseph has joined the Live Music Office team as Live and Local Program Manager, with a background in creative events and administration, as well as being a passionate musician and advocate for live music.
The Live Music Office capacity is expanding further to provide greater support to music industry development and strategy through the coming expansion of the Western Sydney Live and Local Strategic Initiative in partnership with Create NSW, to now initiate Western Sydney Stage Two as well as a coming Regional NSW program.
Western Sydney and Regional NSW Live and Local Strategic Initiative
The Western Sydney and Regional NSW Live and Local Strategic Initiatives are structured programs providing jobs and opportunities to Western Sydney and Regional NSW musicians and audiences, whilst building capacity and supporting cultural policy development for local government.
The objectives of the Live and Local Strategic Initiative funding are to:
- Build capacity for local councils to provide sustainable, locally specific music based events for Western Sydney / Regional musicians
- Deliver best practice policy and regulatory advice to local councils
- Provide direct access to best practice of contemporary music presentation, promotion, strategy and networks
- Enhance connections for local musicians to the local and domestic music industry
- Support local businesses in programming live music
- Coordinate a strong, collegiate regional music network within Western Sydney /Regional NSW
Councils are selected through an open EOI process that also aligns with Create NSW priority areas: Aboriginal artists, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people living in Western Sydney (with a Western Sydney residential postcode), young people and people with a disability.
Councils are also selected on artistic merit, the financial viability/sustainability of the project, and their commitment to building capacity for artists and access for audiences in their Local Government Area
Live and Local events:
- Are funded up to $30k per project
- Involve a number of venues and artists tailored to the region and built environment
- Are free for the public
- Presents no cost to the businesses involved in hosting the performances
- Creates a safe environment that doesn’t require road closures or any major infrastructure
- Offers local music that suits each venue
Stay tuned for more news in the weeks ahead.