The goals of the Live Music Office are to support the growth of the venue-based live music sector in Australia to:
(1) Increase live music performance opportunities;
(2) Support live music audience and sector development.
We seek to achieve these goals through the following strategies:
- Identify and promote best practice policy and strategy
- Work with local stakeholders to implement reform
- Support dialogue between stakeholders
- Collate and share information amongst stakeholders
The Live Music Office is focused on policy, information, better regulation advocacy and strategic planning guidance across the music sector.
We aim to progress best practice solutions which, working with local stakeholders, can be implemented to achieve greater opportunities for the live music industry.
We aim to provide:
- Regulatory and policy guidance.
- Best practice references and templates.
- Methodologies for engagement and to progress reform.
- Position papers and summaries of policy areas.
- Dissemination of information related to the music sector.
- Support for local stakeholders engaged in policy reforms and sector development.
- Research direction, strategy and coordination.
- Tools and initiatives related to sector mapping.